PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE UPL (Monocrotophos 36% SL)
₹175 – ₹629
PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE (Monocrotophos 36% SL) is a broad-spectrum systemic and contact insecticide that is highly effective against various sucking and chewing pests in agriculture. It has a quick knockdown action and a low cost of treatment per acre. It is manufactured by UPL Limited, a global leader in crop protection products.
PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE Technical Content
The active ingredient of PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE is monocrotophos, which belongs to the organophosphate group of insecticides. Monocrotophos is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, which means it blocks the enzyme that breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the nervous system of insects. This causes overstimulation of the nerves and muscles, leading to paralysis and death of the pests
PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE Uses
Some of the features of PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE are:
- It has a broad spectrum of activity against various pests of cereals, vegetable crops, fruit crops, pulses, oilseeds, and plantation crops.
- It has a quick knockdown effect and provides long-lasting control of pests.
- It has a low dose rate and a low cost of treatment per acre.
- It is compatible with most other pesticides and fertilizers.
- It is easy to apply and has no phytotoxicity or adverse effects on beneficial insects when used as per recommendations
PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE Dosage
The usage of PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE depends on the crop, pest, and stage of infestation. The recommended dose per acre varies from 175 ml to 900 ml depending on the pest and crop. The table below shows some examples of the usage of PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE for different crops and pests in India.
|Crop||Pest||Dose per acre||Season|
|Paddy||Brown plant hopper, green leaf hopper, leaf roller/folder, yellow stem borer||250 ml – 500 ml||Kharif and Rabi|
|Cotton||Aphids, jassids, thrips, whitefly, bollworms, grey weevil||175 ml – 900 ml||Kharif|
|Sugarcane||Shoot borer, stalk borer||600 ml – 900 ml||All year round|
|Mango||Bug mite, gall maker, hopper, mealy bug, shoot borer||600 ml – 800 ml||Pre-flowering and post-harvest|
|Citrus||Black aphid, mite||375 ml – 800 ml||Pre-flowering and post-harvest|
|Coffee||Green bug||625 ml||All year round|
|Cardamom||Thrips||375 ml||All year round|
|Black gram||Pod borer||250 ml||Kharif|
|Green gram||Pod borer||175 ml||Kharif|
|Pea||Leaf miner||400 ml||Rabi|
It is important to note that these are just the recommended dosages. The actual dosage may need to be adjusted depending on the severity of the infestation. It is always best to consult with a pest control advisor to determine the correct dosage for your specific situation.
- Effective against a wide range of insect pests
- Long-lasting protection
- Quick knockdown
- Easy to apply
- Relatively safe
- Can be harmful to bees and other beneficial insects
- Not compatible with all crops
- Can be toxic to humans and animals if not used properly
5 reviews for PHOSKILL INSECTICIDE UPL (Monocrotophos 36% SL)
₹175 – ₹629