₹579 – ₹2,999
ROUNDUP HERBICIDE (Glyphosate 41% SL) is a non-selective and systemic herbicide that belongs to the organophosphorus group of chemicals. It is the active ingredient in many herbicide products, including the popular Roundup brand.
It can eliminate almost any type of weed or grass by inhibiting a plant enzyme that is essential for protein synthesis. It is absorbed into plants primarily through their leaves and spreads to their roots and shoots, causing them to die within one to two weeks.
ROUNDUP HERBICIDE Technical Content
Glyphosate is a phosphonic acid derived from a reaction between the methyl group of methylphosphonic acid with the amino group of glycine.
It is the only herbicide that attacks the enzyme 5-enolpyruvyl-3-shikimate phosphate synthase (EPSPS), which plays a role in the synthesis of three amino acids named phenylalanine, tyrosine, and tryptophan.
These amino acids are precursors of many secondary metabolites that are important for plant growth and defense.
Some of the features of ROUNDUP HERBICIDE (Glyphosate 41% SL) are:
- It is a broad-spectrum herbicide that can kill most broadleaf plants and grasses.
- It is effective against both annual and perennial weeds.
- It has no residual activity in the soil and does not affect the germination of seeds.
- It has low toxicity to humans and animals and does not bioaccumulate in the environment.
- It can be used as a pre-planting, pre-emergence, or post-emergence herbicide depending on the crop and weed situation
- It can also be used as a crop desiccant to dry crops like beans, wheat, and oats before harvesting them.
ROUNDUP HERBICIDE (Glyphosate 41% SL) can be used for different scales of agriculture, from households to industrial farms. It can also be used in public spaces like parks and playgrounds to control weeds and unwanted plants. The dosage and method of application may vary depending on the type of crop, weed, and environmental conditions.
Here is a table that shows some examples of usage for Indian crops with proper season and amount to use:
|Tea||Pre-monsoon||Broadleaf weeds and grasses||1.6-2.0 L/ha||Spray|
|Cotton||Pre-sowing||Broadleaf weeds and grasses||1.0-1.5 L/ha||Spray|
|Wheat||Pre-harvest||Broadleaf weeds and grasses||0.8-1.0 L/ha||Spray|
|Soybean||Pre-emergence||Broadleaf weeds and grasses||0.8-1.0 L/ha||Spray|
|Sugarcane||Post-emergence||Broadleaf weeds and grasses||1.5-2.0 L/ha||Spray|
- Roundup is very effective at killing weeds.
- It is relatively inexpensive.
- It is easy to use.
- It can be used in a variety of settings.
- It has a long shelf life.
- It can contaminate water supplies.
- It can be toxic to humans if ingested.
₹579 – ₹2,999